Winter Gardens Blackpool views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future. It also allows us to take action and put things right for the person (or organisation) that has made a complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure that is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
- To make sure everyone at Winter Gardens Blackpool knows what to do if a complaint is received.
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
Definition of a complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Winter Gardens Blackpool.
Where complaints come from
Complaints may come from any person or organisation who has a legitimate interest in Winter Gardens Blackpool – including clients; members, stakeholders, and members of the general public.
A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email, or in writing. Here how to complain.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively following The Data Protection Act 2018. Only those directly involved in the case who need to access the information in order to deal with the complaint will be able to obtain relevant confidential information.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Director, or, if necessary, the board.
How to complain
Our aim is deal with any complaint as soon as possible. Many complaints can be resolved informally. In the first instance contact us and, if you feel able, speak to the member of staff with whom you have had contact or ask to speak to the duty manger, who will try to resolve the matter.
If you are not satisfied or do not wish an informal solution, you may pursue a formal complaint. Please put your complaint in writing and send it to our senior leadership team.
Post. Complaints, Empress Buildings, 97 Church Street, Blackpool, FY1 1HU
Email: [email protected]
Phone 01253 629600
When you make a complaint, it is helpful if you could include the following information:
- Describe clearly what happened – please include the date, time and location of the incident.
- Tell us why you are making a complaint
- Tell us what you would like us to do.
- Please provide your full name, email address and contact phone number.
- Tell us how you would prefer us to contact you.
If appropriate, please send us any documents that support your complaint.
What happens next?
You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 working days, and you may be contacted to obtain any additional information that we may require to help us resolve the complaint.
You will receive a response to your complaint within 28 working days of its receipt. Any extension of this time limit requires your consent.
We cannot guarantee that complaints made via social media will be seen and responded to within the timescales set out in this policy. We do not have the resources to monitor the wide range of social media channels available. We will aim to acknowledge complaints made via these channels but refer the complainant to an alternative method of communication so that the complaints policy can be followed.
If a criminal offence is alleged, then the police will be informed.
This policy was last updated in July 2023.