There are two main public entrances to the Winter Gardens – these are at Church Street from St John’s Square and from Coronation Street, opposite the Houndshill Centre.
Venues within the building are on multiple levels.
If entering the building from Church Street access to the public areas is at street level. Lifts are then available to access the first floor function rooms, upper levels of the Opera House and the Empress Ballroom and also the Olympia exhibition hall or to exit onto Coronation Street.
If entering from the Coronation Street entrance a lift from street level is available – this can be found to the left of the entrance. Lifts are then available to access the public areas, the first floor function rooms, upper levels of the Opera House and the Empress Ballroom and also the Olympia exhibition hall.
If you have any questions regarding access to the Winter Gardens please contact us prior to your visit.
Public toilets, including for those visitors with limited mobility, are available within the building. Baby changing facilities are also available.
Please ask a member of staff on-site for assistance regarding the facilities available or contact us prior to your visit.
The management of the Winter Gardens Blackpool request all visitors respect the surroundings and the comfort of others:
- Roller skates, bicycles etc are not permitted within the building.
- With the exception of assistance dogs, animals are not permitted within the building.
- The Opera House is a seated venue and wherever possible all patrons should remain seated during performances however for concert performances within the venue standing is permitted.
- Photography, video and audio recording are not permitted at any performance within the building without prior consent of the venue and/or the event promoter.
- Hot ‘take-away’ food is not permitted within the Opera House or Empress Ballroom – snacks including cold food and hot drinks are permitted.
- To comply with licencing regulations only alcohol purchased on the premises may be consumed and only in the designated areas.
- Please follow any instructions relating to areas of reserved seating or restricted access during all events.
- Management reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitor.