Once you step inside this unique venue you are instantly transported to another world.
Built on two floors at the end of the 1930s, the Spanish Hall complex has been described as “beautifully haunting” and a “magical flight of fancy” and would not look out of place in a period drama.
Designed by JC Derham as part of the wider transformation of the Winter Gardens, the décor and plasterwork of the Spanish Hall is reminiscent of Hollywood sets. There was a reason behind to this, it was used as an escape from the economically difficult times of the 1930s and transport visitors to a fantasy world.
All four corners of the Spanish Hall are based on a typical Andalusian village and is used for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. With easy access from the Galleon bar underneath the venue, the Baronial Hall and smaller meeting rooms. The suites are now catered for with a multi-purpose kitchen area located at the rear of the hall which can serve up to 1,000 delegates at any time.
- The arch above the stage is the rear of the Winter Gardens arch which can be seen on the approach from Victoria Street
- Famed British art director Andrew Mazzei is responsible for the plasterwork within the Spanish Hall complex
- The room was originally designed for fine dining, dancing and afternoon teas
- The Renaissance room which leads off from the Spanish Hall hosted Winston Churchill during the Second World War as a war office
Spanish Hall Accessibility
The Spanish Hall and 2 other large function suites are located on the first floor which can be accessed via lift near the West Horseshoe off the Floral Hall.
The main stairs leading up are located just inside the Theatre Bar off the Floral Hall marked ‘Spanish Suite’.
There are also ground floor function suites/meeting rooms located off the main entrance foyer.
For accessible bookings, use our dedicated access line and please make sure to explain your particular access requirements when you book your tickets:
Dedicated Access booking line: 01253 749273.
Spanish Hall Events and Tickets
Unless otherwise stated tickets are available via TicketMaster UK, in box office or by calling 0844 856 1111, links are supplied from the individual event pages to the relevant booking pages.
In some instances, tickets may be available via different platforms.
You can see all of the upcoming shows for the Spanish Hall and all other Winter Gardens venues by visiting our What’s On page.
Spanish Hall Seating Plans
The Spanish Hall is a multi-layout arena and changes for each event.
- Capacity: 500
- Ideal For: Wedding Receptions, Banquets
- Interesting Fact: It is a large Andalucian style vaulted hall with battlemented balconies containing three-dimensional representations of clustered Spanish villages